Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How to Use Oatmeal for the Hair! By Robin McDonald


By @robinmcdonald

Hi everybody, welcome back to the kitchen. I'm Robin McDonald, your Kitchen Beautician. Today's video answers the question, "How do I use oatmeal in the hair?" Now, I know that sounds a little crazy, but give me second. The first thing we're going to do is create an oatmeal infusion. And what I've done is I've taken five chamomile teabags steeped for about, I don't know, 20 minutes in my little French press and poured over my whole wheat grain steel oats. And I'm using my pestle and mortar here to smash the oats, releasing the natural cellulose which is going to act as a soother and coat the hair shaft. You can use the back of an ice cream scoop or soup ladle to create the same effect, but all we want to do is just release the, the natural goodness in those oats. And then, I'm just going to strain it into a nice glass bowl. As usual, taking this into the shower, you're going to, you know, want to use a plastic bowl, you never take take glass into the shower. I don't, I'm trying to say that in all my videos, but sometimes I forgot; so, I'm reminding you again. So, now we have here a very potent oatmeal infusion. It doesn't look like much, but believe me, it's loaded with nutrients and we're going to move on. So, next is the juice of maybe a quarter of a lemon, just a few drops. Why? Lemon is a natural exfoliant, to break down some of the build up from product on the scalp and dead skin cells. It's also a great highlighter and brightener for the hair. Sweet almond oil, just about a teaspoon of the sweet almond oil. Loaded with Vitamins A an E, it's a great moisturizer and nurturer as well. We're going to give this a little bit of a whisk. And almond oil, just a bit; eyeball that, kind of give it a creamy consistency. Now, the lactic acid in the almond milk is what's going to also work as a natural antiseptic and exfoliator. So, what you're going to do is you're going to put this on a plastic container, take it into the shower with you. After you shampoo, towel, towel dry your hair and pour it on liberally; work it all the way to the end of the hair. It will attach itself to the hair shaft so it's going to take a little bit of work to get it out, but you'll be able to do that with just a nice warm rinse. And then move onto your conditioner. And when you're done, after you've blown your hair out, let it dry naturally, whatever you prefer, it will be lighter, brighter, fluffier, luxurious. You're going to love it. Thanks for joining me in the kitchen, I'm Robin McDonald, your Kitchen Beautician. You can find me at yourkitchenbeautician.com. Thanks for joining me, I'll see you next time.

@robinmcdonald

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
    but I'm not seeing very good gains. If you know of any please share.
    Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: almased diet plan

    ReplyDelete