Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Homemade Makeup Brush Cleaner! Video by Robin McDonald



Hi everybody, welcome to The Kitchen. I'm your Kitchen beautician, Robin McDonald. Today, I'm going to show you how you can make your own makeup brush cleaner with stuff that you probably have in your own kitchen. I've been an esthetician for 25 years and I cannot tell you how important using clean makeup brushes and applicators is. I've noticed that a lot of my clients coming in with problematic skin. Some of the causes can be traced back to the use of unclean brushes and applicators. But here's a great way that you can make your own brush cleaner at home. We're going to use a little bit of apple cider vinegar. I'm using an old spaghetti jar. I like to hang on to all my jars for skincare recipes and fresh cut flowers in the back yard, an egg yolk, the juice of half a lemon and I'll tell you why we use all of these things in a second and a little warm water. Now the apple cider vinegar is a natural sterilizer and the lemon is a powerful exfoliant and lightener and brightener, whisk that up. The egg yolk is for softening. I'm going to throw my brushes in there and just run them around a few times. You'll see that nice yellow color turn kind of green. You can soak your brushes for about two to three hours. I like to soak mine overnight and in the morning I just take them out and dry them on a nice towel or some paper towels. Now if the bristles come out a little drier than you like, not as soft as you would like them, you can use your own, your favorite hair conditioner to rinse them in the morning. That's it for me. Thanks for watching. I'm your Kitchen beautician, Robin McDonald. Please visit me at Beautyhighway.com. Thanks, have a great day.


www.beautyhighway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment